Social and mobile gaming ad campaigns are outperforming standard online ad campaigns, generating both higher average click-through rates (CTRs) and engagement levels than many online formats, according to a report released today by MediaBrix.
Social gaming has become one of the most engaging and popular activities across all screens—desktop, mobile, and tablet devices—the report found. Moreover, in-game ads appear to be an effective ad format across a variety of metrics.
The report compares the performance of social gaming ad campaigns—in all formats, including video, via desktop and mobile devices—with standard online and video advertising benchmarks published by eMarketer.
Below, findings from the first MediaBrix Social and Mobile Gaming Report, based on data for the second half of 2012.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media