Though frequently at odds, marketing and IT executives agree that harnessing Big Data is imperative to building a customer-centric corporate culture, according to a study by the CMO Council, in partnership with SAS.
They also agree that a lack of CMO/CIO alignment, rigid silos, unclear responsibilities, and a lack of leadership impede an organization from using Big Data to its full potential, the survey of CMOs and CIOs found.
Big Data is important to achieving a customer-centric culture, according to the study:
- 40% of marketers and 51% of IT executives said it's critical for improved decision making.
- 36% of marketers and 23% of IT execs said data drives the ability to personalize customer experiences.
Below, additional findings from the CMO Council study, titled Big Data’s Biggest Role, Aligning the CMO & CIO.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns
- Your Marketing Data Isn't Just for Insights: It's Worth Much More Than That
- 10 Steps Marketers Can Take to Prepare for 'California's GDPR'
- The Digital Work Tools Marketers Can't Do Without