Landing pages running $500 giveaway contests generate 700% more email subscribers than landing pages not running contests, according to a recent study by Incentivibe, a company that provides shared contest services.
Other key highlights from the study, which was based on data collected between March 15 and April 15 from three million visitor interactions on 100 websites that ran monthly giveaways, include:
- Sundays had the highest rate of visitors becoming email subscribers, while Wednesdays had the lowest rate.
- 11 p.m. ET had the highest rate of visitors converting into email subscribers, followed by 9 p.m ET.
- Contests were especially effective for the fashion industry—companies in that vertical saw 11 times more email subscribers, compared with 7 times more across all industries.
For more findings from the study, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The study data was collected between March 15, 2013, and April 15, 2013, from 3 million visitor interactions on 100 websites who ran monthly giveaways by using Incentivibe's shared contest services. The 100 websites average 30,000 unique visitors per month.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon