Americans viewed a record 20 billion video ads in June 2013, and Google Sites, driven by video viewing at YouTube.com, ranked as the top online video content property for the month, according to recent data from comScore.
More than 44 billion video content views occurred during June, with Google Sites generating the highest number at nearly 15.7 billion, followed by AOL with 775 million, and Facebook with 730 million. Google Sites had the highest average engagement among the top 10 properties.
Other key findings:
- 85.2% of the US Internet audience viewed online video in June.
- The duration of the average online content video was 5.3 minutes and the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes.
- Video ads accounted for 31% of all videos viewed and 3% of all minutes spent viewing video online.
Below, the top 10 video sites for the month, top 10 YouTube networks, and top 10 online video ad properties.
Top 10 Video Properties by Unique Viewers
Google Sites had 158.3 million unique viewers in June, followed by Facebook with 61.6 million, AOL with 51 million, VEVO with 49.3 million, and Microsoft Sites with 46.8 million.
Top 10 YouTube Partner Channels by Unique Viewers
- Video music channel VEVO maintained the top position in the rankings of YouTube partner channels with 47.5 million viewers. Fullscreen held on to the number two position with 34.3 million viewers, followed by Maker Studios with 28.8 million, Warner Music with 28.4 million, and ZEFR (formerly MovieClips) with 26.5 million.
- Among the top 10 YouTube partners, Machinima demonstrated the highest engagement (76 minutes per viewer), followed by Maker Studios (62 minutes per viewer).
- VEVO streamed the greatest number of videos (534 million), followed by Maker Studios (477 million).
Top 10 Video Ad Properties by Video Ads Viewed
- Google Sites ranked number one in video ads viewed for June, with 3.3 billion video ad impressions. LiveRail.com came in second with 2.4 billion ads, followed by BrightRoll Platform with 2.4 billion, Adap.tv with 2.2 billion, and Specific Media with 1.5 billion.
- Time spent watching video ads totaled 7.5 billion minutes, with BrightRoll Platform delivering the highest duration of video ads at 1.2 billion minutes.
- Video ads reached nearly 54% of the total US population. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads to its viewers, with an average of 73.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]