Most promotional email recipients (65%) engage with email in the afternoons and evenings, yet marketers tend to send emails first thing in the morning, according to a recent report by Retention Science.
The analysis of 100 million online transactions found that 38% of email conversions (emails that are opened, clicked through, and converted) occur in the afternoons and 27% in the evenings. Only 28.5% occur in the mornings, although that's the most popular time for promotional emails to arrive in inboxes.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]
- What Makes a Best-in-Class Email Marketer? These Six Things.