Most promotional email recipients (65%) engage with email in the afternoons and evenings, yet marketers tend to send emails first thing in the morning, according to a recent report by Retention Science.
The analysis of 100 million online transactions found that 38% of email conversions (emails that are opened, clicked through, and converted) occur in the afternoons and 27% in the evenings. Only 28.5% occur in the mornings, although that's the most popular time for promotional emails to arrive in inboxes.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond