The company, following its acquisition of Adap.tv, served more than 3.7 billion ads in the month. Google Sites came in second with 3.2 billion ads, followed by BrightRoll Platform with 2.8 billion, and LiveRail.com with 2.6 billion.
Video ad views totaled 22.9 billion in September, and time spent watching video ads was 8.5 billion minutes. AOL delivered the highest duration of video ads at nearly 1.7 billion minutes.
Video ads reached 55.4% of the total US population an average of 133.6 times during the month. Hulu delivered the highest frequency of video ads to its viewers with an average of 74.
Top Video Content Properties
- 188.7 million Americans watched 46 billion online content videos in September.
- The duration of the average online content video was 5.1 minutes, and the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes.
- Google Sites, driven primarily by video viewing at YouTube, ranked as the top online video content property with 165.4 million unique viewers.
- Facebook ranked second with 67.2 million viewers, followed by AOL, with 61.8 million, Microsoft Sites with 49.2 million, and NDN with 49.1 million.
Top YouTube Partner Channels
- VEVO was the most viewed YouTube partner in September, with 47 million viewers.
- Maker Studios was second with 33 million unique viewers, followed by Fullscreen with 34.5 million, and NBC Entertainment with 29.8 million.
- Among the top 10 YouTube partners, Maker Studios demonstrated the highest engagement (63 minutes per viewer), followed by VEVO (41 minutes per viewer).