Of the markers surveyed who are not using video in their email campaigns, 25% say they are "very likely" to do so soon and 55% say they are "somewhat likely." Just 20% say they have no plans to include video in future campaigns.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from two surveys of marketers and an analysis of client data by Email Monks.
Email Client Support
- 58% of all users are now able to see HTML5 video in their emails—meaning that the video actually plays directly in the email client/browser.
- Most of remaining 42% see a fallback image that they must click on in order to launch a video player.
- Of those who can see the videos play in the email client/browser, the majority are using iOS devices.
Successful Types of Videos
- 29% of marketers who currently use video in email campaigns say training courses are the most effective type of content.
- 22% say product demos are most effective and 19% believe product promotions work best.
Ayaz Nanji is an independent digital strategist and a co-founder of ICW Content, a marketing agency specializing in content creation for brands and businesses. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. He has worked for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, AOL, and the New York Times.
LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji