Three of the top 6 retailers that men Like most are electronics stores (Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, and h.h. gregg), whereas mass retailers and department stores dominate women's 10 most Liked.
The under-18 age group is the one demographic that doesn't have as much of an affinity for Big Box retailers: Their list of top 10 Liked stores includes Converse, Aeropostale, and Build a Bear.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data collected from 52,697 unique Facebook fans from the US who have Liked CPG companies.
- Men on Facebook have a taste for classic rock and hard rock, with The Beatles (#2), AC/DC (#5), Metallica (#7), and Pink Floyd (#9), landing on their list of musicians with the most Likes.
- Women tend to Like a wide variety of current pop artists, including Maroon 5, Adele, Nickelback, and Carrie Underwood.
- Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are in the top 10 for both genders.
- There is also some common ground for kids and their parents. Eminem, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga make the top 10 both for those under 18 and those 35-44.
- Ellen is the TV show with the most Facebook Likes from women, followed by House and SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Cartoons make up five of the top 10 shows most Liked by men (Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Futurama).
- For people who Like at least one cause, the average number of cause-related Likes is 5.9.
- 58% of women Like at least one cause, compared with 42% of men.
- Of the 100 causes with the most Likes, 14 are animal-related; next are those related to children (13), the military (12), and health (12).
About the research: The report was based on data collected from 52,697 unique Facebook users mainly from the United States who participated in 18 separate campaigns run by CPG brands in 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead