The video has 4.24 million shares on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs since its launch in April.
In second place, with 4.03 million shares, is GEICO’s Hump Day commercial. The ad, which celebrates the middle of the workweek, has trended every Wednesday since its launch in May. That pattern does not follow the normal ad-sharing trends for the rest of the list, for which a quarter of total shares happened within the first three days of launch. About 67% of the Hump Day shares occurred on a Wednesday.
Below are the top 10 ads of the year, based on the number of shares as opposed to the number of views. The analysis did not include movie or TV trailers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads