Asked how many pieces of content a company needs to share/curate, survey respondents suggested numbers ranging from 0 to 135, with the most common response being 10 pieces of content (19% of respondents).
Nearly half of marketers surveyed (45%) say they are unable to meet their curation goals and admit their companies do not share as much content as they should.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 131 US marketers.
- 74% of marketers surveyed say curation is an important part of their content strategy.
- 54% agree automation is important for effective content curation.
- 53% believe content curation is becoming less effective because of content saturation.
Content Marketing Trends
- 82% of survey respondents say content is more likely to be consumed if it is visual.
- 49% say mobile content consumption habits will displace traditional discovery routes.
Ayaz Nanji is an independent digital strategist and a co-founder of ICW Content, a marketing agency specializing in content creation for brands and businesses. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. He has worked for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, AOL, and the New York Times.
LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji