However, smaller companies share more links and use more hashtags in their tweets than their bigger brethren.
The study examined the Twitter activity in 4Q13 of the Interbrand 2013 Top 100 Brands and the Forbes 100 Best Small Companies in America—which includes organizations with annual revenues of $5 million to $1 billion.
Not surprisingly, Simply Measured's analysis found the Interbrand 100 have more followers and retweets than the smaller companies. However, the larger brands are also posting more often to Twitter: They tweeted 12 times a day on average in 4Q13, compared with three times daily for the smaller companies.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?