The survey of 1,014 US consumers also found that nearly all respondents (96%) say they find videos "helpful" when making purchase decisions online.
In particular, 93% find online videos useful when comparison-shopping, 87% find them helpful for researching additional items from the same brand, and 93% find them valuable for instructions post-purchase.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 71% of respondents say watching video content produced by businesses leaves them with a positive impression of those brands.
- 64% find it helpful to watch videos to learn more about a company they may purchase from.
- 58% consider companies that produce video content to be more trustworthy.
- 83% respondents say the ideal length of a video to inform a purchase decision is five minutes or less.
- 42% would like to see more product description or service demonstration videos, such as 360 degree views of products.
For more results from the survey, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 1,014 US adults conducted between December 26-30, 2013.