Most search engine-optimization (SEO) practitioners (71%) say understanding the link between social sharing and search rankings is more important in 2014 than it was last year, according to a recent report from BrightEdge.
Measuring rank in Google Universal Search results (those that include photos, videos, etc.) is also seen as increasingly necessary by SEO professionals (57% say it is more important in 2014), as is measuring presence and rank in Google Carousel results (72% view as more important).
Less than half (46%) of respondents say finding anomalies in keyword rank is more important this year than last, perhaps reflecting the search engines' changing emphasis on keywords as a ranking factor.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords