However, of the 73% who are aware of the deduction, just more than half (57%) say they are taking advantage of it on their 2013 tax return.
Nearly two-thirds (64%) of the small business owners deducting marketing expense say they are writing off about the same amount this year as on their 2012 return, 22% are deducting more, and 14% are deducting less.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]