Paid search spend on Bing grew at a far faster rate than on Google in the first quarter of 2014, allowing Bing to creep up slightly on overall spend share, according to a recent report from The Search Agency.
Thanks to its less competitive bidding environment (lower CPCs), more flexible campaign management tools, and increasingly effective traffic (growing CTRs), spend on the combined Yahoo-Bing platform grew 60% in 1Q14 compared with 1Q13, more than double the 29% year-over-year (YOY) increase of spend on Google.
Overall, Bing gained a small amount of spend share from Google, accounting for 24.1% of the market, an increase of 17.6% YOY.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords