Paid search spend on Bing grew at a far faster rate than on Google in the first quarter of 2014, allowing Bing to creep up slightly on overall spend share, according to a recent report from The Search Agency.
Thanks to its less competitive bidding environment (lower CPCs), more flexible campaign management tools, and increasingly effective traffic (growing CTRs), spend on the combined Yahoo-Bing platform grew 60% in 1Q14 compared with 1Q13, more than double the 29% year-over-year (YOY) increase of spend on Google.
Overall, Bing gained a small amount of spend share from Google, accounting for 24.1% of the market, an increase of 17.6% YOY.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]