Which are the best days and times to post to a blog? Do capital letters, exclamation points, and question marks in titles lead to more engagement? On which social networks do readers share blog posts most often?
TrackMaven recently tackled those questions (and many others) in its Colossal Content Marketing Report, which was based on an analysis of 1.16 million posts from 4,618 blogs and 1.9 million social shares of those posts. The data set included blog posts from a range of publishers, including content marketers, individuals, and media companies.
Below, key findings:
Best Days and Times to Post
- 87% of the blog posts examined were published during the workweek, with Tuesday and Wednesday the most popular days for posting.
- However, the 13% of pieces published on weekends actually had more social shares per post on average.
- Saturdays were particularly ripe for blog post sharing: Only 6.3% of posts were published on Saturdays, but they received 18% of the total social shares.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Create the Perfect Lead Magnet: Three Essential Ingredients
- What B2B Firms Get Wrong About Thought-Leadership Content
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content