American adults prefer original digital video content to news, sports and daytime programming on television, and they like it almost as much as they do primetime TV, according to a recent report from the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and GfK.
Some 22% of American adults now watch original digital video content each month, bringing the monthly audience size to 52 million—a 15% increase since 2013—the study found.
Watching original online video content is particularly popular with younger adults age 18-34 (39% do so) and males (25% do so).
Younger viewers and men are also more likely to watch other digital streaming video types, such as TV programs online and amateur videos.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Agile Can Help You Balance Content Quality and Quantity
- How to Create Buyer-Focused Sales Content That Gets Traction
- Why the Future of Marketing Is Video: 40+ Statistics [Infographic]
- 29 Ways to Improve Your Writing Skills and Avoid Content Mediocrity [Infographic]
- How Marketers Would Spend Additional Content Budget