Marketing email volume fell more than 20% in the first quarter of 2014 compared with the mailing-heavy fourth quarter of 2013, but both average open and unique click rates increased during the same period, according to a recent report from Yesmail.
Perhaps due to the lower volume and frequency of marketing emails in 1Q14, overall open rates increased 6% and overall unique click rates grew 8%.
Financial service companies had the highest average open rate (28%), and messages sent by insurance companies had the highest unique open rate (7.6%), according to the analysis of more than 5 billion emails deployed by enterprises in the first quarter of 2014.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability