Google now delivers Universal Search results—those that include a blend of links, videos, images, news, shopping listings, and map data—for 81% of all US searches, according to a recent report from Searchmetrics.
The analysis was based on data from millions of keyword searches conducted on Google.com in the United States between January and December 2013. The number of results that include Universal Search integrations has steadily increased over time and is up six percentage points from 2012, it found.
Below, other key findings from the report.
Most Frequent Integration Types
- Video results were the most common Universal Search integration for the keywords analyzed, appearing in 65% of searches in December 2013.
- Images appeared in 40% of the examined keyword search results.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]