Other benefits frequently cited by small business owners include not having a boss (23%) and increased self-confidence (7%). Only 4% of small business owners surveyed say money is the top reward.
Nearly three-quarters of respondents (72%) say owning their own company gives them more freedom, though 21% say they now have more responsibility and less independence as a small business owner.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 1,105 small business owners in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Is Your Platform-Heavy Martech Stack Costing You?
- The Habits of Highly Effective Leaders [Infographic]
- Upskilling: How Professional Development Can Improve Company Performance and Employee Retention
- Remote Marketing Teams: Benefits, Challenges, and Five Tools to Keep Them Synced
- An Enterprise Approach to Content Management