The report was based on spend data from 1,128 Halloween costume keywords for Text Ads and Product Listing Ads on Google in the United States from August to September 2014.
Of the total $2.9 million spend examined, $720,000 went to keywords for costumes that fall under the traditional Disney brand (e.g., Disney Princess, Mickey Mouse), and $168,000 went to keywords related to the Disney-owned brands of Marvel (e.g., Spider-Man, Captain America) and Star Wars (e.g., Yoda, Darth Vader).
Costumes related to Disney's film "Frozen" were particularly popular, accounting for 19% of all spend of Halloween costume keywords.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]