The report was based on 3Q14 data from advertisers and agencies that invest in excess of $1 million annually on paid search, social, and display advertising channels.
Average conversion rates in the quarter were higher on desktops than on mobile devices for all three channels (search, social, and display), the analysis found.
That gap was due to a range of factors, including the following: mobile behavior, such as using a smartphone for research or an in-store visit; the relative ease of converting on desktop compared with mobile devices; and the continuing challenge of attributing mobile conversions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels