Publishers' other top email pain points include dynamic content/personalization (42% cite as an issue), list maintenance (41%), mobile optimization (33%), analytics (33%), segmentation (30%), and content automation (29%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 182 respondents from various sectors of the publishing industry, including B2B, consumer, and association publishers.
- 60% of respondents say growing their list size is a top email priority for next year.
- 58% see improving list/data quality as a top priority and 39% want to focus on optimizing messages for mobile devices.
- Personalization/dynamic content only ranks sixth as a priority for next year despite being cited as the second biggest email pain point by publishers.
- 34% of publishers say their emails are fully optimized for mobile devices.
- 31% say their messages are partially optimized for mobile and plan to complete the process in the next 12 months.
- 19% have not optimized for mobile but plan to begin in the next 12 months.
- 16% have not optimized for mobile and are not sure where to start.
For more findings from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 182 respondents from various sectors of the publishing industry, including B2B, consumer, and association publishers.