Some 54% of marketing and sales professionals at enterprise companies say quality content creation is one of the most effective search engine optimization tactics they employ, according to a recent report from Conductor and Ascend2.
Frequent website updating is also considered important to SEO success, with 50% of respondents saying it is one of the most effective tactics they use.
Other frequently cited SEO tactics include keyword research/management (46% rate it as one of the most effective tactics), social media integration (28%), local search optimization (28%), frequent blogging (17%), and link-building (13%).
Just 2% of enterprise professionals say mobile optimization tactics are currently highly effective.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 45 professionals at companies with 1,000 or more employees (both B2B and B2C).
Most Difficult SEO Tactics
- 41% of respondents say link building is one of the most difficult SEO tactics to execute.
- 39% say keyword research/management is one of the most difficult to execute.
Obstacles to Success
- 57% of respondents say one of their biggest SEO challenges is limited in-house skills.
- 43% say limited budgets are a major obstacle.
Most Useful Metrics
- 54% of respondents say search rankings by keyword is one of the most useful metrics for tracking SEO success.
- 50% say traffic/visits by keyword is a useful metric.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 45 professionals at companies with 1,000 or more employees (B2B and B2C).