The report was based on November social media data for 450 top global brands collected via Hootsuite's uberVU tool. Each brand was given a "Love List" score based on sentiment (how positive the social media conversations were), mentions (volume), and love (the percentage of conversations about each brand that included the word "love").
MTV took the top spot thanks to a boost from its EMA (European Music Awards) show that was held on November 9 in Scotland. The show had a high volume of social media engagement leading up to, during, and after the event. Moreover, the Artist on the Rise category winner was determined by a Twitter vote, leading to an additional spike in tweet volume.
Other top loved brands on social media in November included Friskies, Disney, Starbucks, Twitter, Chanel, The CW, Subway, Cheetos, and VH1.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Important Are Online Reviews for Local Businesses?
- Naming Your Product: Shades of Meaning (An Inside View Into Nail-Polish Naming)
- Tradeshow Branding Do's and Don'ts: How to Maximize ROI and Results at Industry Events
- Online Reputation Management 101: What You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Should Brands Take Public Stands on Political Issues?