Global advertising spend will increase 4.9% in 2015 and total $545 billion, according to recent projections from ZenithOptimedia, which expects the growth based primarily on an anticipated rise in overall global GDP in 2015.
However, the 2015 increase is projected to be slightly less than 2014's 5.1% because of a lack of major events such as the Winter Olympics, men's soccer World Cup, and midterm elections in the United States.
ZenithOptimedia projects a 5.6% global increase in advertising spend in 2016, thanks to the Summer Olympics, US Presidential elections, and UEFA European Football Championship.
Spend growth is expected to slip back to 5.2% in 2017 in the absence of such events.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search