Workers in the United States say email and the Internet are the most important communication and information tools they use, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project.
Some 61% of workers who have online access say email is very important for doing their job, and 54% say the Internet is very important.
Far fewer workers describe landline phones (35%) or cell phones/smartphones (24%) as very important for doing their job.
Just 4% say social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn are very important to their work.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Overcoming Isolation to Boost Employee Engagement: 'Back to Human' Author Dan Schawbel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process