Workers in the United States say email and the Internet are the most important communication and information tools they use, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project.
Some 61% of workers who have online access say email is very important for doing their job, and 54% say the Internet is very important.
Far fewer workers describe landline phones (35%) or cell phones/smartphones (24%) as very important for doing their job.
Just 4% say social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn are very important to their work.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors
- Is Workplace Competition Good for Marketers? [Infographic]