Workers in the United States say email and the Internet are the most important communication and information tools they use, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project.
Some 61% of workers who have online access say email is very important for doing their job, and 54% say the Internet is very important.
Far fewer workers describe landline phones (35%) or cell phones/smartphones (24%) as very important for doing their job.
Just 4% say social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn are very important to their work.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Is Your Platform-Heavy Martech Stack Costing You?
- The Habits of Highly Effective Leaders [Infographic]
- Upskilling: How Professional Development Can Improve Company Performance and Employee Retention
- Remote Marketing Teams: Benefits, Challenges, and Five Tools to Keep Them Synced
- An Enterprise Approach to Content Management