Requiring registration either to gain access to restricted areas within a website or to download premium content is the most effective tactic marketers say they use to grow their email lists, according to a recent report from Ascend2.
The report was based on data from a global survey of 251 marketing, sales, and business professionals from various-sized companies, 71% of them B2B-focused, and 29% B2C.
Some 43% of survey respondents say requiring registration to access parts of their website is one of the most effective tactics they use to get email addresses, and 42% say requiring an email address to download certain content is one of the most effective tactics.
Other tactics commonly used by marketers to grow their email lists include promoting upcoming events (30% rate as one of the most effective tactics they use), social media (29%), the purchase process (22%), paid search campaigns (20%), email forward-to-a-friend (14%), and call center/in-store email capture (11%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]