The report was based on 2014 and 2013 holiday season (November and December) data for global retailers in all major categories, including more than 60 billion paid impressions and clicks in search and social channels.
Thanksgiving was the top gainer among the key shopping dates examined, generating a 31% year-over-year (YOY) increase in paid search click volume in 2014 and a 50% YOY increase in paid search revenue.
Retailers also drove 142% and 115% YOY increases in Product Listing Ads (PLA) spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, respectively, increasing PLA revenue more than 80% YOY on both days.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Site Speed Is Key for SEO in 2019 (and Beyond)
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing