The report was based on 2014 and 2013 holiday season (November and December) data for global retailers in all major categories, including more than 60 billion paid impressions and clicks in search and social channels.
Thanksgiving was the top gainer among the key shopping dates examined, generating a 31% year-over-year (YOY) increase in paid search click volume in 2014 and a 50% YOY increase in paid search revenue.
Retailers also drove 142% and 115% YOY increases in Product Listing Ads (PLA) spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, respectively, increasing PLA revenue more than 80% YOY on both days.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts