The report was based on 2014 and 2013 holiday season (November and December) data for global retailers in all major categories, including more than 60 billion paid impressions and clicks in search and social channels.
Thanksgiving was the top gainer among the key shopping dates examined, generating a 31% year-over-year (YOY) increase in paid search click volume in 2014 and a 50% YOY increase in paid search revenue.
Retailers also drove 142% and 115% YOY increases in Product Listing Ads (PLA) spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, respectively, increasing PLA revenue more than 80% YOY on both days.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]