Some 70% of those buying gifts say they plan to spend less than $50; 16% plan to spend less than $100.
The men surveyed plan to spend more on gifts compared with the women surveyed ($61 vs. $47, on average).
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults living in the United States. Some 59% of respondents say they plan to celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]