Ohioans love Lebron James, Californians are worried about earthquakes, and Hawaiians want to go to Disneyland, according to a recent analysis of the top trending searches in each US state by WordStream.
The report was based on Google Trends data for the United States from the last 12 months (February 2014 to February 2015). The researchers identified the top trending searches unique to each state (i.e., rising queries that were not part of nationwide trends). Several locations did not have unique trends with enough search volume, so national searches were chosen.
Some of the top trending searches over the past 12 months were related to major news events, such as queries for "Ferguson" in Missouri, whereas others were more local, such as the popularity of "Market Basket" supermarket searches in New Hampshire.
Below, the top trending search in each state (plus Washington D.C.); check out the full report for additional details:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Site Speed Is Key for SEO in 2019 (and Beyond)
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing