Ohioans love Lebron James, Californians are worried about earthquakes, and Hawaiians want to go to Disneyland, according to a recent analysis of the top trending searches in each US state by WordStream.
The report was based on Google Trends data for the United States from the last 12 months (February 2014 to February 2015). The researchers identified the top trending searches unique to each state (i.e., rising queries that were not part of nationwide trends). Several locations did not have unique trends with enough search volume, so national searches were chosen.
Some of the top trending searches over the past 12 months were related to major news events, such as queries for "Ferguson" in Missouri, whereas others were more local, such as the popularity of "Market Basket" supermarket searches in New Hampshire.
Below, the top trending search in each state (plus Washington D.C.); check out the full report for additional details:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]