Some 79% of all keywords return search results that integrate at least one Google Universal Search (AKA blended search) element—the additional snippet of media and information that accompanies traditional results—according to a recent report from Searchmetrics.
The report was based on data from a large set of keyword searches conducted on Google US search throughout 2014. Searchmetrics has been conducting similar analyses of Universal Search since 2009.
Some 55% of search results for the keywords tested included video integration; 40%, images; 16%, shopping product listing ads (PLAs); 13%, news stories; and 7%, maps.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]