Some 79% of all keywords return search results that integrate at least one Google Universal Search (AKA blended search) element—the additional snippet of media and information that accompanies traditional results—according to a recent report from Searchmetrics.
The report was based on data from a large set of keyword searches conducted on Google US search throughout 2014. Searchmetrics has been conducting similar analyses of Universal Search since 2009.
Some 55% of search results for the keywords tested included video integration; 40%, images; 16%, shopping product listing ads (PLAs); 13%, news stories; and 7%, maps.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing
- Google Search Algorithm Updates: 2018 [Infographic]
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]