B2B content marketers are intent on pushing their products/services in content pieces, whereas their audience is looking for substantive ideas, according to a recent report from the Economist Group and peppercomm.
The report was based on data from poll of 500 global business executives who were asked about what they look for in content, and 500 global marketers who were asked about how they're building their content strategy.
Some 75% of executives say their primary purpose for seeking out content is to find ideas, the survey found. However, 93% of marketers say the intent of their content is to directly promote products/services.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z
- How to Create the Right Amount of the Right Type of Content
- Storytelling, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience... and You: Contently's Joe Lazauskas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]