B2B content marketers are intent on pushing their products/services in content pieces, whereas their audience is looking for substantive ideas, according to a recent report from the Economist Group and peppercomm.
The report was based on data from poll of 500 global business executives who were asked about what they look for in content, and 500 global marketers who were asked about how they're building their content strategy.
Some 75% of executives say their primary purpose for seeking out content is to find ideas, the survey found. However, 93% of marketers say the intent of their content is to directly promote products/services.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Creative Habits to Inspire You and Make You More Productive [Infographic]
- Press the Damn Button: Livestreaming-Expert Brian Fanzo on Marketing Smarts
- Five Surefire Ways to Boost Your B2B Marketing Content's Readership
- Why Testimonials Are B2B Companies' Most Important Marketing Tool
- An Analysis of 912 Million Blog Posts: Length, Link, and Share Trends