Product brochures are the most common content type created by B2B marketers, but whitepapers deliver the highest-quality leads, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and the NetLine Corporation.
The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Some 84% of respondents say their company creates product brochures; the next most-commonly created content type is slide presentations (79%), followed by whitepapers (78%), and videos (76%).
However, when respondents were asked to select which content types produce great leads, whitepapers come out on top (cited by 24%), followed by videos (22%), analyst reports (22%), and webcasts (22%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Eight Ways Your Content Marketing Might Be Sabotaging Your SEO