Product brochures are the most common content type created by B2B marketers, but whitepapers deliver the highest-quality leads, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and the NetLine Corporation.
The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Some 84% of respondents say their company creates product brochures; the next most-commonly created content type is slide presentations (79%), followed by whitepapers (78%), and videos (76%).
However, when respondents were asked to select which content types produce great leads, whitepapers come out on top (cited by 24%), followed by videos (22%), analyst reports (22%), and webcasts (22%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Video Marketing: Crack the Video Code [Infographic]
- The Worst SEO Mistake You Can Make: Ignoring Content Distribution
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]