Product brochures are the most common content type created by B2B marketers, but whitepapers deliver the highest-quality leads, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and the NetLine Corporation.
The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Some 84% of respondents say their company creates product brochures; the next most-commonly created content type is slide presentations (79%), followed by whitepapers (78%), and videos (76%).
However, when respondents were asked to select which content types produce great leads, whitepapers come out on top (cited by 24%), followed by videos (22%), analyst reports (22%), and webcasts (22%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 31% of respondents say their demand generation strategy is "someplace in the middle"—effective at times and ineffective at others.
- 29% say their strategy is moderately effective.
- 48% of respondents say a major roadblock to garnering high-quality leads is a lack of content tailored to target audiences.
- 48% also say budget limitations are a significant issue.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)
- Webinars vs. Podcasts: Are You Making the Right Choice? [Infographic]