The report was based on data from the annual reports of publicly traded companies with year-over-year growth in 2014.
Companies in certain industries—such as SaaS and social media—tend to be big spenders on marketing and sales in relation to revenue, the analysis found.
For example, Salesforce invests 53% of revenue into sales and marketing, and Twitter invests 44%.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Beat the Competition With Market Intelligence on Content, Positioning, and Leads
- What Do CMOs Predict for 2019? [Infographic]
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas