The report was based on data from the annual reports of publicly traded companies with year-over-year growth in 2014.
Companies in certain industries—such as SaaS and social media—tend to be big spenders on marketing and sales in relation to revenue, the analysis found.
For example, Salesforce invests 53% of revenue into sales and marketing, and Twitter invests 44%.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]
- What Marketers Can Do Right Now in the Age of Coronavirus: A Letter From Ann Handley
- CX in B2B Marketing: Top-of-Mind Strategy in 2020