The report was based on data from the annual reports of publicly traded companies with year-over-year growth in 2014.
Companies in certain industries—such as SaaS and social media—tend to be big spenders on marketing and sales in relation to revenue, the analysis found.
For example, Salesforce invests 53% of revenue into sales and marketing, and Twitter invests 44%.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy
- 10 Steps to Set Up Your ABM Program, and 10 Mistakes to Avoid