The Facebook ads of e-commerce companies last holiday season (November and December) drove twice as many purchases as their ads during the other months of the year, according to a recent report from Nanigans.
The report was based on an analysis of the Facebook ad spend, clicks, and impressions of e-commerce advertisers using Nanigans software in 2014. Purchase-related metrics were calculated by aggregating data across sampled e-commerce advertisers that have same-day purchase attribution.
Purchase rates during the 2014 holiday season doubled for nearly every day of the week, the analysis found.
However, there was a shift in behavior: Weekends were the peak purchasing days during the holidays, as opposed to Thursdays during the rest of the year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country