The report was based on data from an ongoing survey of thousands of Internet users around the world age 16-64.
Some 28% of Internet users in North America say they have used services to prevent ads from displaying on websites in the last month; this compares with 30% of Internet users in Europe, 27% in Latin America, 27% in the Middle East and Africa, and 27% in the Asia/Pacific region.
Ad blockers are most popular with respondents age 16 to 24 (34% have used a program in the last month) and least popular with respondents age 55 to 64 (17% have used).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country