What characteristics do Web pages that rank well on Google's mobile search engine have in common? Do these pages differ from high-ranking desktop results?
To find out, Searchmetrics analyzed the top 30 mobile phone and desktop search results for 10,000 popular keywords on the U.S. version of Google.com.
Overall, the researchers found the top results on both mobile and desktop have the same core characteristics in common: they perform well (i.e., load quickly and consistently) and contain high-quality, relevant content that comprehensively covers the relevant topic.
However, the analysis also found that pages which rank higher in mobile phone searches do tend to differ from those that rank higher in desktop searches in some key technical and user experience areas.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing
- Google Search Algorithm Updates: 2018 [Infographic]
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]