What characteristics do Web pages that rank well on Google's mobile search engine have in common? Do these pages differ from high-ranking desktop results?
To find out, Searchmetrics analyzed the top 30 mobile phone and desktop search results for 10,000 popular keywords on the U.S. version of Google.com.
Overall, the researchers found the top results on both mobile and desktop have the same core characteristics in common: they perform well (i.e., load quickly and consistently) and contain high-quality, relevant content that comprehensively covers the relevant topic.
However, the analysis also found that pages which rank higher in mobile phone searches do tend to differ from those that rank higher in desktop searches in some key technical and user experience areas.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce