The report was based on data from an annual survey of nearly 300 brands, agencies, and publishers.
Nine in ten ad buyers say they are are shifting spend from linear TV to digital channels, with 10% of television budgets being reallocated on average.
Some 88% of marketers who are moving TV dollars toward digital channels say they are shifting that ad spend to some form of video, such as desktop, mobile, or over-the-top (OTT).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Digital Video Ad Types
Buyers, agencies, and brands are all most optimistic about the growth of mobile video advertising, with more than 60% of respondents in all three groups expecting budget increases.
Buyers say the biggest challenges with mobile video advertising are attribution/measurement (55% cite as an issue) and cross-device targeting (50%).
Programmatic Ad Buying
Some 27% of brands surveyed say they have already implemented in-house programmatic ad buying; 42% plan to do so in the next year.
About the research: The report was based on data from an annual survey of nearly 300 brands, agencies, and publishers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Programmatic Advertising Trends: Top Tactics, Challenges, and Metrics
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]
- Five Simple Programmatic Strategies to Drive More Leads
- Advertising During the COVID-19 Outbreak: What Audiences Want