The American economy is increasingly divided between a few sectors with advanced digital capabilities and many others that lag significantly behind, according to a recent report from the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI).
The findings were based on an analysis of companies in 30 US industries. The researchers examined 27 indicators to understand how each sector is applying digital assets, digital tools, and digital workers.
A few industries have become highly digitized over the past decade, the analysis found. In particular, information and communications technology (ICT), media, professional services, and financial services companies are at the forefront of the digital revolution.
However, the rest of the major industries in the US economy are far less digitized than those leading sectors.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]
- It's Time to Plan Your Back-to-School Marketing Campaigns: Stats and Strategies for 2019 [Infographic]
- Why Digital Marketing Is More Important Than Ever Before [Infographic]