The report was based on data from a survey of adults in 40 countries (a combination of developing and advanced economies); smartphone users were automatically included in the Internet user data set.
The median rate of Internet access around the world is 67%, the analysis found, with overall usage increases being driven by large emerging economies such as Malaysia, Brazil, and China.
However, a large gap remains between developing and advanced economies: A median of 54% of adults in emerging economies use the Internet compared with 87% in advanced economies.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]