The report was based on data from a survey of adults in 40 countries (a combination of developing and advanced economies); smartphone users were automatically included in the Internet user data set.
The median rate of Internet access around the world is 67%, the analysis found, with overall usage increases being driven by large emerging economies such as Malaysia, Brazil, and China.
However, a large gap remains between developing and advanced economies: A median of 54% of adults in emerging economies use the Internet compared with 87% in advanced economies.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]