What percentage of emails sent by businesses are viewed by consumers? What share of messages end up in spam folders, on average?
To find out, Return Path examined the activity of more than 2.5 million consumer panelists and data from 3.5 billion commercial email messages received between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
The average read rate (i.e., the percentage of emails viewed rather than sent to spam or immediately deleted, archived, ignored, etc.) was 14% across all industries in 2015, the analysis found.
Read rate differs from open rate in that it is based on mailbox providers' marking messages as "read" due to subscriber activity in the inbox, rather than being based on the loading of an image pixel.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work