The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2015 of 330 self-identified content marketers who work for companies located in the United States.
Some 88% of respondents say their team generates content ideas in regular group meetings, and 76% say ideas are developed during dedicated brainstorming sessions; 60% of respondents say content ideas are generated by individual staff members.
Only 28% of respondents say content ideas come from research.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Motivate Buyers in the Age of Infinite Media: Mathew Sweezey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Structure Your Content for Organic Google Rankings: A Proven Process
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)