The report was based on data from a survey of 73 owners, partners, and C-level executives at companies in the United States (68% B2B-focused, 15% B2C, 16% mixed).
Some 56% of respondents say their company's digital marketing efforts are somewhat successful, 22% say they are very successful, and 22% say they are not successful.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
More than half (58%) of respondents say the effectiveness of their company's digital marketing efforts is increasing marginally over time.
Business leaders say the most effective digital marketing tactics employed by their business are email (60% list as a top channel) and websites (60%).
Respondents say the top digital marketing challenges facing their business are an inadequate budget (47% cite), a lack of internal skills/training (44%), and a lack of an effective strategy (44%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 73 owners, partners, and C-level executives at companies in the United States (68% B2B-focused, 15% B2C, 16% mixed).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas
- Four Marketing Approaches That Differentiate Successful B2B Brands
- Marketing Experts Reflect on Their 2020 Predictions [Infographic]
- Close the Marketing Performance Gap: How to Start Delivering on the Most Important Metrics
- Economic Uncertainty Is Resurrecting the CMO Role