The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush's Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
Some 50% of the websites examined had duplicate content.
Other common serious search engine optimization issues include duplicate title tags (present on 35% of sites examined), broken internal links (35%), duplicate meta descriptions (30%), and broken external links (25%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]