The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush's Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
Some 50% of the websites examined had duplicate content.
Other common serious search engine optimization issues include duplicate title tags (present on 35% of sites examined), broken internal links (35%), duplicate meta descriptions (30%), and broken external links (25%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]