The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush's Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
Some 50% of the websites examined had duplicate content.
Other common serious search engine optimization issues include duplicate title tags (present on 35% of sites examined), broken internal links (35%), duplicate meta descriptions (30%), and broken external links (25%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce