The report was based on anonymous data collected via SEMrush's Site Audit tool on 100,000 websites and 450 million pages.
Some 50% of the websites examined had duplicate content.
Other common serious search engine optimization issues include duplicate title tags (present on 35% of sites examined), broken internal links (35%), duplicate meta descriptions (30%), and broken external links (25%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Site Speed Is Key for SEO in 2019 (and Beyond)
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing