The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
The researchers manually examined the sales and digital marketing tactics of the top 50 companies to identify best-practices.
The top three fastest-growing B2B companies are Upwork, WeWork, and Slack, the analysis found.
Below, key findings from the report.
- 80% (40 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a blog or other online publication (or both).
- 44% of the companies examined offer downloadable content such as e-books and whitepapers.
- 28% of the fastest-growing B2B companies gate their downloadable content by requiring the filing out of a form; 16% do not gate their content.
- 22% (11 out of 50) of the fastest-growing B2B companies include a live chat widget on their website.
- 8 of the 11 companies using live chat include the widget on their homepage; the other 3 have it appear on their pricing or contact form.
- 36% of the companies examined offer free trials or "freemium" versions of their products/services.
- 40% make their pricing public.
- 62% of the websites of the fastest-growing B2B companies have primary calls to action (CTAs) directing visitors to their products/services; 38% have primary CTAs directing people to talk to a salesperson.
About the research: The report was based on data from the Mattermark platform, which analyzes more than 1.5 million companies to identify the fastest-growing firms based on indicators such as employee count and funding.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Ways to Personalize Your Next ABM Campaign to Close More Deals
- The Biggest Challenges With Executing Account-Based Marketing Programs
- Business as Unusual: Shifting Live Events to Digital and Hybrid Experiences
- 21 B2B Lead Gen Strategies to Aid Your Marketing Efforts [Infographic]
- How COVID-19 Is Affecting the B2B Exhibition Industry