The report was based on data from a survey conducted between March 7 and April 4, 2016 of a national sample of 1,520 people age 18 and older living in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia. The researchers polled respondents on their useage of five major social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Some 68% of all US adults (those with and without Internet access) say they are Facebook users; 28% use Instagram, 26% use Pinterest, 25% use LinkedIn, and 21% use Twitter.
Some 79% of adults with Internet access in the United States use Facebook, more than double the share that uses Instagram (32%), Pinterest (31%), LinkedIn (29%), or Twitter (24%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)