The report was based on an analysis of data from 89,932 email campaigns sent by Sailthru customers in the retail/e-commerce vertical during the 2015 holiday season.
Campaigns that include "Christmas" in their subject lines have open rates 26% higher than emails with subject lines that use the words "holiday” or "holidays" (without also mentioning Christmas).
Subject lines that mention "Chanukah" (or other spellings) are much less common, but they average 40% higher open rates than those that use "holiday" or "holidays."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]
- What Makes a Best-in-Class Email Marketer? These Six Things.