Imagine that a typically obnoxious B2B-marketing email has come to life—and he wants to talk to you even though you can't remember where you met or why he has your address. In a video, Mark Brownlow of Email Marketing Reports adopts the off-putting persona, and shows us why we never want to be "that guy."
"Hang on! Hang on! Hang on!" he says as the video begins. "Don't press the spam button. This is not spam. This is me. Remember...?
He adds, "We met at a trade show about eight months ago... I think. You were maybe expecting me to come around a little earlier. Yeah. We had other priorities."
Brownlow, as our personified email, then proceeds to break every single rule in the book:
- He acknowledges that Tuesday morning between 9 and 10 might not be the best time for the recipient—but he's not going to argue with statistics that say it is.
- He explains why the salutation "Hello, First Name" should suffice for the purposes of this conversation.
- He then segues seamlessly into the purpose of the email: "Let's talk about the important thing, which is... us."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Top Email Design Trends of 2019 [Infographic]
- How to Keep Your Email Marketing Strategy Relevant to Millennials
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes