The insurance category fetches the highest cost-per-click (CPC) rates in Google AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: nearly $50 per click, according to new keyword research data from search marketing software provider WordStream Inc.
Its findings revealed the top 20 high-volume keyword categories and their CPC rates. Those keywords are how Google makes the majority of its profits, Wordstream said.
In the last four quarters alone, Google made $32.2 billion in total advertising revenue--97% of that from advertising, according to the findings.
The top five high-volume keyword categories that demand the highest costs per click are as follows:
- Insurance. Top CPC: $55 (example keywords/keyphrases are "auto insurance price quotes" and "buy car insurance online)
- Loans. Top CPC: $44 (examples: "consolidate graduate student loans" and "cheapest homeowner loans").
- Mortgage. Top CPC: $47 (examples: "refinanced second mortgages" and "remortgage with bad credit")
- Attorney. Top CPC: $47 (examples: "personal injury attorney" and "dui defense attorney")
- Credit. Top CPC: $36 (examples: "home equity line of credit" and "bad credit home buyer")
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels
- The Meteoric Rise of Podcastingâ€”and Podcast Advertising [Infographic]